Monday, August 22, 2011

Gavin's 1st Day of School

Today Gavin had his first day of school! He was so happy last night as we laid him down for bed because he knew he was going to school in the morning. We talked about how he would see Mrs. Siverd again and meet new friends. When he woke up this morning, he was in such a good mood! It made the morning go a lot more smoothly :) .... little did he know I was not going to stay with him like we did last week when we met his teachers. As we were driving to school, I told him that I needed to go to the store while he was at school and that I would be right back to pick him up. He asked me if I was going to the store to get him juice. I told him, of course, and that mommy will be right back. It worked out perfectly! We had the best conversation on the way. He told me that he would play with the trucks and color with Mrs. Siverd. It was the cutest thing ever! When we got to school he walked into his classroom all by himself, put his backpack away, went up to his teacher to tell her he's going to play with the trucks and then went on to wash his hands before playing. I told him goodbye and it didn't even phase him! He is getting to be such a big boy! When I picked him up from school at noon, he told me he has 2 teachers and 2 new friends. That made my day! I'm so proud of him!


This was after I picked him up. He had a great day!


Look at that face! I think he was tired of me taking pictures, haha!

2 comments:

  1. omg he looks like such a big boy!!!!!!!!! That it SO cute. I am so glad he had a good first day back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this makes me sad and happy! He's growing up way to fast. We sure do miss you all sooooo much.

    ReplyDelete