Friday, September 9, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

For Labor Day weekend we decided to surprise my family by going to Louisville. Gavin flew with Paw-Paw at 6:30 a.m Friday morning. Gavin had been talking about going on "Paw Paw's airplane" for days so he was not only excited to see his grandparents, aunts and uncles but also happy to finally go on a ride with his best friend. I wish I was a little fly on the wall to see them going through the airport together.  At 2 p.m, my mom picked them up from the airport not knowing she would be greeted by a great big smile and hugs from her grandson! I wish I could have seen my mom's face as she saw Gavin running to her saying "Meeeee Mawwwwww". Andrew and I decided to not tell anybody that we were coming in town also except for his mom and my dad. Andrew's sister came in town from Philadelphia and it was Andrew's dad's birthday on Sunday so we thought it would be the perfect weekend to visit. Andrew and I left Louisiana after he got off work at 5 and we drove all night, arriving in Louisville at 4:30 a.m! A very loooong ride but it was totally worth it. As I walked into my mom's bedroom, she woke up and was so shocked to see me standing there.  She couldn't believe we drove the whole night but was very happy we made the trip. :) On Monday, we made our way back home. The whole weekend we were keeping our eye on Tropical Storm Lee that hit New Orleans. We drove through the storm on our way home...the rain began in Nashville and didn't stop until we made it to Louisiana. The worst part of the drive was in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa because of the wind and rain. We probably saw about 10 cars facing the opposite direction during that time. It was crazy to see that during a tropical storm. You would have thought that it was snow storm with all the people sliding around! Luckily, we made it home safe.

We walked to the front of my parent's neighborhood to watch the train. The conductor waived hi and Gavin loved it!

It was raining so we brought along an umbrella.


At my parent's house for a little Wii dance compeition. Such an hilarious and fun game!

Andrew and his mom






 




Of course, Andrew and I dominated.

We celebrated Gavin's 3rd birthday at my parent's house on Saturday.
















Friends that we went out with later that night at Molly Malone's. (minus a few others)















At Nonnie and Pop's house



Aunt Colleen and Gavin

Making pancakes with Mee-Maw



1 comment:

  1. what an awesome surprise! I know both of your families were so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete