Monday, August 22, 2011

Matt and Alex came in town!

This weekend Matt and Alex came in town to visit. We had such a fun time with them! I wish they were still here but they left today to spend the week at Panama City Beach at my Aunt and Uncle's condo. How nice!
They got to our house on Friday and we met Andrew after work in New Orleans at Drago's Restaurant for an amazing dinner and charbroiled oysters...our favorite! After dinner we walked around the French Quarter. Alex had never been to New Orleans before so we had to give him a tour.

Uncle Matt and  Gavin


Gavin was carrying around a bag of goldfish hoping to feed the birdies. 

Saturday I had to work a 12 hour shift but when I got off Natalie came over to babysit while we all went to Rookie's Sports Bar to watch the Saint's game! Even though it wasn't a very exciting game, we still had a great time. We got there around 8 and there was a pretty large crowd. As we went to order some food our waitress said they were completely out of everything except hamburgers. I mean EVERYTHING and ANYTHING on the menu. How is that possible?? I was so mad because I had worked all day so I was looking to get some good BBQ... since that's what they're known for... but instead I had to get a BBQ hamburger. I don't even like hamburgers (haha)! Oh well. Fun night though! We had to be back not too late to take the babysitter home so we ended up playing cards all night. I whooped them all in UNO and spoons!







2 comments:

  1. too cute. looked like fun! Wish we could have made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this blog with me, Lisa! I love it! I'm so glad Gavin had a good first day of school! Sounds like you had the perfect plan for making him confident about you leaving him...you're a good mommy! Love you! Aunt Deanna

    ReplyDelete